Terms and ConditionsWhat You Need to Know Before You Book
Terms & Conditions for Celebrants of Brisbane
Congratulations on your decision to marry and thank you for choosing me as your Celebrant for the occasion.
I look forward to helping you create your perfect ceremony, feel relaxed and confident that your wedding day will be perfect for you and your guests.
These are my terms and conditions for this engagement.
- Upon booking the service a non-refundable booking fee of $250.00 is requested to secure my service as your Celebrant for the date and time of your ceremony.
- A three day cooling off period applies from the date your booking fee is received. If you choose to cancel it must be in writing and a refund of your deposit will be made.
- If you wish to change the date of the original booking this will be accommodated where it is possible and the date and time is available for the service to be conducted.
- By paying the booking fee, you (the parties) are both agreeing to the terms and conditions, clearly set out in this document.
- By paying your booking fee, you are agreeing that I may use your images and testimonial on my website www.celebrantsofbrisbane.com.au.
- Your final payment is due two weeks prior to your wedding date.
The Celebrant Agrees
- To provide Registered Marriage Celebrant services to the parties in accordance with the code of Practice Regulation 37L of the Marriage Act 1961 (see below)
a) To conduct and practice a high standard of service at all time.
b) To respect the social, cultural and legal significance of marriage in Australia.
c) To observe and practice all commonwealth and state laws, and to ensure that the marriage will be solemnised according to the legal requirements of the Marriage Act 1961.
d) To retain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of family relationship services in Australia and inform parties about the range of information and services available to them to enhance and sustain them throughout their relationship (including Happily Ever…Before and After pamphlet).
e) To confirm all details of both parties prior to the wedding date and ensure that all necessary declarations and original documents have been signed and sighted that is needed for the registration of the marriage.
f) To conduct a rehearsal if requested by the Parties to ensure that the ceremony is how the couple envisages it to be.
g) To arrive for the ceremony no less than 20 minutes prior to the commencement time, or a time agreed with the Parties.
h) To ensure that the documentation is completed after solemnisation and set to the appropriate State Registry Office of Births, Deaths and Marriages within 14 days of the wedding date.
i) To seek evaluative comments from the Parties as to the provision of Celebrant services, and to give the Parties information about how to notify the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department of any concerns or complaints they may have about the celebrant services provided.
- To attend and conduct the marriage ceremony at the agreed time, date and place.
- If the celebrant is unable to conduct the ceremony for any reason, the parties will be advised as soon as practicable and all reasonable efforts will be made by the celebrant to arrange for the ceremony to be completed by another registered marriage celebrant.
- If the celebrant is unable to perform the marriage ceremony due to illness or other unforeseen circumstances they will refund the parties a negotiated amount of the celebrant fee or compensate the replacement celebrant, whichever is appropriate and pass the Notice of Intended Marriage to the replacement marriage celebrant in a timely and appropriate manner.
- If the Celebrant experiences unforeseen obstacles on their way to the wedding e.g. traffic jam, flat tyre, car accident, the celebrant will incur the costs for alternative arrangements to get to the venue as soon as possible. The Celebrant will contact the Parties and to their best endeavours, organise alternative travel arrangements if required.
The Parties Agree
- To pay the Celebrant’s fee in accordance with the invoice provided.
a) A non-refundable booking fee $250.00 to secure your wedding date and time with the Celebrant.
b) Balance of fee as requested by the Celebrant is due no less than two weeks before ceremony date.
c) If full payment has not be made to the Celebrant in accordance with the terms the Celebrant can refuse to attend the ceremony.
d) A three day cooling off period applies, from the date your deposit is received. If you choose to cancel your booking (must be in writing) a refund of your deposit will be made.
- To advise the Celebrant immediately in writing of any change to the time, date or place of the marriage ceremony.
- The Celebrant reserves the right to terminate the agreement and retain the booking fee should the Celebrant be unable to conduct the ceremony due to the change.
Celebrant: Carleen Walsh